Fantastic opportunity for an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant
Opportunity to work for a fast paced, growing PLC business
About Our Client
This Healthcare PLC business is located in Potters Bar and specialises in delivering high quality, personalised care to adults, young people and children. They support individuals with a very wide range of issues including those with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, sensory impairment, or mental health problems. Having recently gone through an acquisition, the business is rapidly expanding.
- Taking responsibility for reconciling the Fixed Assets accounts and managing the Fixed Asset Register
- Take responsibility for the accounting for share based payments and reconciling reserves related to share based payments.
- Responsible for key balance sheet reconciliations as directed by the Group Accountant, including, but not limited to: equity, investments, intercompany.
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 16) and take charge of ongoing compliance as directed by the Group Accountant.
- Calculating intercompany interest/management charges where required.
- Taking charge of Office of National Statistics Surveys as directed by the Group Accountant.
- To assist with the preparation of statutory accounts as directed by the Group Accountant (which may include preparation of key notes.)
- Working with external advisers on the preparation of UK corporation tax returns;
- Assisting with the collation of information, analysing and reporting the company's ETR, cash taxes and tax disclosures for the PLC and individual statutory accounts in conjunction with external advisors;
- Preparation of VAT returns for the group;
- Assisting with preparation of P11D's and PAYE Settlement Agreements for the group;
- Corresponding and liaising with HMRC to resolve queries;
- Ad-hoc duties and assistance with projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Financial Accountant:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Exposure to tax would be helpful
- Good system skills including intermediate excel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems.
What's on Offer
This role will provide the successful Financial Accountant with opportunities to gain broad experience within the finance function of a developing business with ambitious plans for expansion.