Quick start for role in company during their ERP Implementation
Excellent opportunity for technical accountant to broaden cv
About Our Client
Based within the Group's Head Office in Coventry, they are one of the largest service companies in the region.
To assist with all aspects of financial reporting and help drive the key Group wide financial deliverables. The role is in the Financial Accounting and Control Team, and reports to the Financial Controller.
You will be responsible and accountable for:
* Achieving the key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines e.g. all aspects of financial reporting including statutory accounts preparation and notes to the accounts including technical aspects of preparing the notes to the accounts
* Assist with the statutory accounts process including providing information to internal and external auditors, preparing files for KPMG, and generally assisting with any analysis work and coordination of the audit process
* Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
* Assist with the capital accounting and fixed asset accounting processes providing support to the Capital Accounting manager and supporting the transition to Microsoft Dynamics
* Assist with the processing of the monthly sales income and other income/expense accounting ensuring accuracy and integrity of general ledgers at all times, providing support to the Financial Accounting Manager and supporting transition to Microsoft Dynamics
* Respond to ad hoc queries and requirements for consolidated Group level information
* Involvement and support for ad hoc projects as appropriate
* Collaborating with other group accountants to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working
The Successful Applicant
* CCAB approved accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/ICAEW) or qualified by experience.
* Appropriate, proven experience in a senior finance position.
* Previous responsibility for preparing statutory accounts, Tax & VAT returns.
* Experience of working with internal and external auditors & HMRC.
* Can do attitude and a good communicator able to adapt to change.
What's on Offer
Joining a fun team, who fully support agile working. Generous PAYE package.