FTSE Listed Business, Qualified, East Kilbride
About Our Client
A FTSE listed Engineering business with offices in East Kilbride.
The Financial Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Provision of all financial requirements in a professional and timeous manner.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective financial controls are in place.
- Prepare monthly flash reporting for submission to sector and management reports for sector meetings and senior management team meetings.
- Support all group year-end reporting requirements.
- Responsibility for reporting the divisional financial position and supporting departments to meet their financial requirements, including preparing budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Responsibility for the management of working capital balances, including analysing, reporting and working with the business to develop action plans to improve the working capital position of the company.
- Responsible for the reporting and accuracy of the balance sheet including reconciliations and regular reviews with the business. This will include ownership of production for business forecasting purposes.
- Responsible for the VAT and other business tax processes
- Provide support for the Head of Finance as required.
- Identify and where appropriate sponsor business projects designed to make an improvement to business performance.
- Support in managing the relationship and helping the process with Internal/External Auditors for that Business Unit.
- Ensure that year end financial accounts are prepared and signed off in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
The successful will be a qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA) and will ideally have 2-5 years post qualification experience. Previous Engineering experience is desirable. The must be able to demonstrate the ability to work autonomously.
What's on Offer
The successful Financial Accountant will be offered a competitive salary DOE.