About Our Client
A multi-billion dollar logistics and compliance business, grown from a medical devices start up into one of the worlds leading compliance, sustainability and brand protection solutions organizations in the world.
Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy.
Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for other complex accounting areas.
Working with business partners on those complex areas.
Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results.
Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company's accounting policies specifically pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE).
Responsible for compliance with internal controls, control documentation, and coordination with both external auditors and SOX PMO / internal auditors.
Advance tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes.
Serve as key contact and maintain direct communication with business partners within Controllership, Finance, Operations, and beyond.
Participate in staff development and mentoring as well as promoting continuing education opportunities for all team members.
Assist in overall transition of Business Unit Accounting from contractors to permanent team; transform with the company as it implements SAP
Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics, schedules and statistical reports.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* ACA / ACCA Qualified
* 5+ years' experience within Accounting / Finance roles and supervisory experience
* At least 3 years of public accounting experience demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal / external), month-end closing processes, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats; public company experience (preferable)
* Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
* Prior experience designing controls
* Prior SAP experience
* Prior Microsoft Dynamics AX Experience
* Prior experience mining large amounts of data
What's on Offer
£50,000 + Bonus & Benefits