An exceptional opportunity for a Newly Qualified accountant Big 4 Accountant
Candidate will be 1-3 years qualified ideally coming from practice
About Our Client
Well known education business with an exceptional reputation in the North East.
- Responsible for the preparation and audit of the Statutory Accounts
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and 5-year forecasts.
- Lead cashflow forecasting
- Responsible for the oversight of VAT accounting, including quarterly VAT return and Preparation of VAT certificates and Sales submission.
- Preparation of the annual Corporation tax and other returns.
- Provide advice and guidance on tax related issues, particularly in relation to VAT, and overseas taxation issues, liaising with external advisors where relevant.
- Keep up to date with Corporation tax and VAT legislative changes and requirements as well as identification of opportunities for tax efficiencies, as appropriate, through attendance at external events and seeking advice from external taxation experts.
- Responsibility and support in relation to other statutory and compliance returns
- Lead, develop and motivate the team so they enjoy their work, deliver high standards and are customer focused.
- Supervision of the treasury function through monitoring and authorising payments on a day-to-day basis and contributing to the development and implementation of changes to treasury management.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CCAB Accountant
- Ideally coming from a practice background
- Demonstrable success in building close relationships and partnerships with key internal and external parties.
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of efficient and effective working practices.
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and technical post qualified experience is desirable.
What's on Offer
Base salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum dependant on experience with a generous pension plan.