- Excellent opportunity to join a unique organisation based in central Oxford
- This role will suit a qualified accountant with financial accounting experience
About Our Client
Oxford University Endowment Management (OUem) is an FCA regulated investment management business based in central Oxford. The OUem team is a mix of investment and finance professionals providing investment management services to the Oxford Endowment Fund (OEF).
OUem manages charitable endowments on behalf of a range of investors, including the University of Oxford and many of its colleges. The OEF is a charitable unauthorised unit trust which aims to preserve and grow the value of perpetuity capital, while providing a sustainable income stream for investors' charitable purposes. The OEF has increased in size to over £4.5bn through a combination of performance and inflows from investors. Investments are broadly found in public and private equity, specialist credit and property. The majority of investments are effected indirectly through partnering with exceptional investment groups. Managing charitable assets in a sustainable manner is deeply ingrained in OUem's investment philosophy and company culture.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial management of OUem. The Financial Accountant also supports the Fund Accountant to ensure that timely and accurate performance data is available for the Funds managed by OUem. The role is diverse and offers the opportunity to input into various aspects of running an investment portfolio and a regulated investment management company, including accounting, liquidity management and technical aspects of financial reporting, FCA regulation and UK/US taxation.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Managing OUem's finances on a day to day basis, including coding of invoices and review/approval of revenue invoices.
- Drafting monthly management accounts, for review by the Head of Finance.
- Managing OUem's liquidity, including cash forecasting and timely approval of purchase invoice payments.
- Reviewing annual financial statements to ensure these are compliant with all financial reporting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing all group reporting requirements, including VAT returns and other group reporting returns.
- Working closely with service providers, including accountants, tax specialists, compliance specialists, auditors and the Fund administrator.
- Overseeing the audit, acting as OUem's day to day contact providing responses to queries to ensure timely resolution of all audit matters.
- Reviewing financial regulatory reporting prepared by outsourced service providers.
- Liaising with budget holders across the business to coordinate the preparation of annual budgets.
- Drafting the annual ICAAP review document for review by the Head of Finance and subsequent approval by the Board.
- Supporting the Fund Accountant with inputs and approvals of cash flows and valuations to OUem's bespoke performance management system for the Funds, as required.
- Any other duties required from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Financial Accountant will:
- Be Qualified (ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Have strong Excel and IT skills
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Have previous similar experience, or be trained within a practice environment
What's on Offer
A full job description will be provided on application.
If you have any questions prior to submitting an application please contact Freddie Boath at Michael Page Finance, on 07773 642 491 or 01865 208 781. Alternatively, you can email.