Senior Accountancy Role
Transforming Council - Great Time to Join!
About Our Client
My client is a local authority based in The Midlands. They are on an exciting journey to transform and modernise the Council and their Finance team is leading from the front on this change process.
Reporting directly into the Senior Leadership, this is a key position in the delivery of the financial services function.
You will lead in many areas which may include;
- Council for Housing Services
- Providing advisory services across major corporate initiatives, projects and schemes
- Treasury Management
- Financial Reporting and Monitoring
- Forecasting and Budget Planning
- Champion excellent management of financial resources, delivery excellent value for money
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience within the Public Sector, ideally within Local Government. You will have knowledge of local government finance policies and legislation and have experience of developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues and external contacts. Areas of experience could also include;
- Financial Systems
- Producing high quality and accurate financial reports
- Team and individual management
- Ability to advise on complex financial related issues
- Preparing complex and detailed written and verbal reports
What's on Offer
Competitive Local Government Salary and Pension Scheme