About Our Client
The client is a fast-growing International business who are continuously establishing their global footprint. With continued growth this year despite COVID (profit & headcount), there has been no better time for a highly technical Financial Accountant to join this established team and take their career to the next level.
The Financial Accounting team is responsible for producing monthly financial accounts for the UK reporting into the Group function.
- Ability to review reports and apply knowledge of IFRS standards to advise appropriate accounting treatment.
- Prepare technical accounting papers in conjunction with the Accounting Principles team outlining key aspects of contracts ready for presentation to and discussion with external auditors.
- Keep up to date with developments in accounting standards to ensure accounting policies are applied correctly across the Accounting team.
- On a monthly basis complete month end reporting efficiently and accurately and reconcile results with the Risk department's monthly P&L reports and work to resolve/explain issues or differences.
- Review control environment to ensure integrity of information leaving the team.
- Ability to develop, nurture and manage close relationships across the business and in multiple locations.
- Present and explain financial results to Risk, Controlling and the wider Accounting teams.
- Reconcile and analyse key balance sheet accounts and prepare commentary.
- Prepare ad-hoc management reports, carry out project work as required and respond to specific questions or requests as appropriate.
- Prepare information for, and respond to, audit queries.
- Identify and implement improvements to the reporting process.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACMA/ ACCA) preferably with audit background and 5 years post qualified experience.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Have a questioning and inquisitive mind with a proven ability to challenge and revise processes as required.
- Be a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business and across various teams.
- Flexible and comfortable working under time pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel to other locations as required once globally safe to do so.
- Some flexibility to work from home in an agile manner.
What's on Offer
As the successful candidate you will be a key player within the UK Finance team. You will get involved in the most important projects and together with external auditors work on the provision of technical accounting treatment advice. You will also learn the ins and outs of the industry by working closely with the wider business and stakeholders.
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Extensive benefits package; company pension, private medical insurance, in house gym & canteen, additional holidays, company shares and more
- Open and diverse company culture
- Flexible working policy