A top 10 professional services firm
Be part of a growing team
About Our Client
The Financial Advisory team within my clients Consultancy practice helps its clients to improve the performance of their business. This is achieved through providing advice and support in areas such as process improvement, finance function effectiveness, working capital optimisation and business planning.
An opportunity exists for individuals to join us at a Managing Consultant level to play a key role in developing the practice and help us to continue to deliver high-quality services to our clients.
Much of the role will involve working independently or in small teams to deliver profitable, Finance Function services across a range of sectors. The role will involve line management responsibility for a small number of consultants. The individual will be expected to travel as required within and (occasionally) outside the UK. There is considerable room for development and progression within this role for the right candidate
- To manage the delivery of client engagements in accordance with the agreed scope and terms and conditions, together with the firm's standard procedures.
- To ensure assignments are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed scope and internal budget and to discuss all material points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to anticipated overruns.
- To meet with Director/Partner to discuss client's business and objectives of the assignment.
- To liaise with the client/sponsor throughout the engagement and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To research and assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients as necessary.
As a Managing Consultant in their Financial Advisory practice, you will be measured on:
- Delivery of a timely and consistently high quality service to clients - measured by client feedback.
- Management and development of a small number of consultant staff.
- Consistent adherence to deadlines.
- Consistent achievement of agreed budgets.
- Consistent adherence to the Firm's procedures, especially risk management.
- Flexibility towards work including assisting colleagues with urgent tasks when required, willingness to travel etc.
- Confidentiality relating to any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients.
- Portrayal of the Firm in a professional manner at all times through conduct and attitude.
The Successful Applicant
- Worked with/for commercial organisations (directly or as clients) essential and large corporates experience an advantage.
- Degree educated, 2:1 or above preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the confidence and maturity to deal directly with clients in, sometimes, ambiguous situations.
- A passion for business and an ability to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- An interest in assisting consultants to develop their careers.
- A team player.
- Highly articulate, well-presented, analytical, logical but crucially with strong relationship skills.
- Independent, Self-Starter. Highly adaptable with a strong "can do" attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to a variety of clients and colleagues.
- Line management experience.
- An ability to demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills.
- Part-qualified or qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA (or aspirant MBA).
- If external applicant and non-Accountant, from an advisory or blue-chip commercial background.
- Experience in the execution and / or re-engineering of financial processes including management reporting, budgeting, costing, accounts payable and accounts receiveable.
- Experience of a client-facing role within professional services (e.g. Internal Audit, External Audit, Consulting, Corporate Finance) -however, prior consulting experience is not essential.
- Experience of the following:
- Process mapping;
- Business analysis;
- Process improvement;
- Project management; and / or
- Internal control
What's on Offer
Base Salary starting at £50,000 + bonus and benefits