Financial Controller - Bristol, Charity
Well known charity in Central Bristol
Will suit a qualified accountant or QBE with experience at FC level
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with a well known a prestigious not for profit organisation based in Central Bristol, this role will be pivotal in driving the finance function forward and managing a small team of finance staff, all of which are either studying towards a qualification or have ambitions to do so.
- Manage, support and develop a small finance team.
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the finance function, the organisation have a relatively new finance system which will need continuous improvement and process analysis to ensure the team are as effective as possible.
- Leading on production of monthly management accounts, budget setting and forecasting.
- Leading on Financial year end, preparation of financial and statutory accounts. Being the main point of contact for the auditors.
- Sole responsibility for VAT and tax obligations of the organisation
- Knowledge of Charities SORP and GiftAid would be beneficial.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced team manager.
- Charitable sector experience would be beneficial.
- Qualified accountant, however candidiates qualified by experience with demonstrable experience at this level will be considered.
What's on Offer
- Salary of £43,000
- Good holiday and pension allowance
- City centre location
- Flexibility of the role being 4 days per week will be considered for the right candidate.
This role is based in Central Bristol and is commutable from all areas of Bristol, Bath, Newport, Cardiff, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Chippenham, Taunton and Weston-Super-Mare.
Please contact Sophie Willis from Michael Page Finance on 01179 271443 for a confidential discussion and more information.