Financial Controller - Business Intelligence Organisation
You will will thrive in a fast-paced private equity backed environment
Technically strong, with UK GAAP experience in a multi-currency environment
About Our Client
My client is a business intelligence organisation that specialises in establishing communities of key opinion leaders in the most cutting edge and niche subject areas and industries in the world. They monetise this through world class data products and events.
To do this, they find the right people, tackle the right issues, and the right answers to deliver commercial results fast and with less risk.
The company was established in 2008 and has delivered strong year on year growth, resulting in a recent private equity investment.
Their team is headquartered in London and works worldwide. Events are held in major global cities across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and South America.
- Ownership of the annual budget and on-going reforecasting, analysis of actuals vs. forecast/budget, as well as other ad hoc analysis where required
- Ownership of financial and investor/financing reporting and compliance - monthly, quarterly and year end accounting; including consolidated group accounts, with the one trading entity plus ownership of the year end process and external audit
- Cash management in a multi-currency environment with the production of regular cash-flow forecasts and reports
- Document and manage finance controls and champion the control environment within the business
- Production of monthly sales commission statements for a large sales team, plus quarterly variable incentives for other functions
- Produce, maintain, analyse and interpret the monthly business KPIs
- Management information and ad-hoc reporting and analysis: Production and development of data and reports as required by management, with the ability to interpret and explain the output
- Ability to ultimately cover the Finance Manager's responsibilities, including the monthly management accounts production and be able to also oversee their operational direct reports in their absence
- On-going review of all finance processes and procedures to ensure they scale and remain fit for purpose, with the ability to re-engineer inefficient practices by with innovative solutions where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
My client is seeking a hands-on Financial Controller who is keen to join a fast-growing business and continue to progress their development and career ambitions:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ideally qualified from one of the big 4)
- Technically strong, with UK GAAP knowledge in a multi-currency environment with material US exposure
- Exposure to accounting systems and processes and the development of them
- Strong team player and business partner, who can work with and support all functions within the business
- Strong communicator, with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels within the business
- Private equity business experience would be beneficial
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary (experience dependant)
- A competitive bonus (performance related)