Financial Controller - Centre
High-profile career building role pivotal to delivering business transformation
Large well-known progressive business enjoying turnaround success
About Our Client
2Sisters is a £2.6bn turnover food group with more than 30 manufacturing sites and supplies all the major supermarkets and restaurant chains.
As Financial Controller of the Centre Division, the primary responsibility of the role is to report financial performance, uphold financial control across key accounting processes and keep a clean balance sheet.
As a senior finance leader, the role works alongside Group and Divisional Reporting Teams and the Shared Service Centre as part of the wider Group Finance Team to set the function's strategy, drive performance, and deliver transformational change.
The role leads 3 teams; Financial Accounting, Corporate Cost and Procurement Rebates:
- Financial Accounting - provide an accounting support service to the business units. They reconcile the Group's various bank accounts, manage receivables financing platforms, transact inter-company recharges, raise sundry invoices to third parties, capitalise fixed assets & raise purchase orders.
- Corporate Cost - control and report financial results for the 'Centre' Division of the Group and provide a business partnering service to cost centre managers of central functions.
- Procurement Rebates - provide a control function, independent to the Procurement Team, to accurately account for rebates from suppliers.
You will be required to:
- Engage, inspire, set standards, direction and drive action; manage performance, coach and develop colleagues via 1-2-1s and team meetings; build a high performing team with succession plans in place for critical roles.
- Work closely and cooperatively with all key stakeholders; Group Reporting, SSC, Business Unit Finance Teams, Tax & Treasury.
- Control and Report the divisional balance sheet and P&L, and account for specific Group journals below EBITDA including interest, foreign exchange, tax, financing, disposals and other exceptionals.
- Ensure cost centre managers are both challenged and supported to outperform their budgets.
- Coordinate the Group's annual insurance renewal as the key contact point for the broker and link into the Board
- Provide a first-class financial accounting service to the business units; maintain strong relationships with Divisional Financial Controllers
- Oversee the division's audits & uphold internal controls; uphold a robust governance framework; be lead point of contact for 'Centre' external audits.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant with +5 years post qualified experience, working in a complex multi-site business
- Confident in challenging, conflict management and standing alone on issues
- Strong computer skills and financial systems (SAP ERP, SAP BPC, Excel)
- Pro-active, takes initiative, actively seeks out improvement opportunities without being asked
- Self-organised, self-motivated, action oriented and efficient
- Strong leader able to manage and develop a high performing team
- Experience of system process improvements - able to develop new ways of working to streamline operations and remove non value added activities
- Strong business acumen with ability to provide sound financial advice
- Works effectively with peer group and superiors, managing their expectations and the team's workload
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and is able to balance the need for analysis and rigour with speed of action when solving problems
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits package with the opportunity for flexible and remote working