Financial Controller - Falkland Islands
An on-island role offering low tax and re-location packages
About Our Client
The Client are the largest private sector employer on the Islands, and are well established with 165 years of proven expertise. The firm has a breadth of services, including (but not limited to) retail, insurance, house building and tourist services.
The Financial Controller will have a broad range of responsibilities from managing the day to day accounts function to developing a small team of 7. The FC will be the point person and 'Super User' for the current accounting system, SAGE, and so will understand how the various departments use the system.
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the Financial Controller will possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Other responsibilities will include:
- Completing of the monthly management accounts pack (include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations and production of Board packs);Challenging the norm and to ensure high quality financial controls are in place
- Work closely with the Finance Director, also based in the Falkland Islands;
- Standardise accounting procedures across the business;
- Maintaining control and reporting over retail stock
- Providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Provide analysis for the construction department monitoring sales, profitability and maintenance and overheads cost.
- Liaise with external auditors to produce annual information;
- Managing Company Secretarial matters;
The Successful Applicant
A sense of adventure is an absolute must for this role. Based in the Falkland Islands, the successful Financial Controller will be a motivated individual working in the heart of the business with stakeholders from non-finance personnel to directors.
The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity and an enviable work/life balance. The Falklands have a pristine environment and a growing economy lead by tourism development and the discovery of oil. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in a small to medium sized environment will be essential to success. The hands on Financial Controller will possess:
- Partial or Full Accountancy Qualification, or Relevant work experience
- Successful experience in finance leadership
- Proven operational track record in a commercial organization
- Solid understanding of accounting software, preferably SAGE Line 1000 and Microsoft Excel
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Pragmatic and proactive team player
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Relocation