An exciting opportunity for a local SME
Based in Milton Keynes
About Our Client
Our client is a FTSE listed SME within the professional services/consultancy sector, with offices in Milton Keynes and Surrey. They deliver a breadth of technology and business services to both the public and private sectors including software development, consultancy, and contract/permanent recruitment.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual, able to operate at a senior level co-ordinating and managing all financial and management accounting for the business.
Reporting to and working alongside the FD, this role will require a good level of technical experience, man management and an analytical mind.
Daily responsibilities to include;
- Monthly Reporting
- Reviewing and updating company forecasts and budgets
- Periodic and adhoc financial analysis including capacity, profitability, efficiency, productivity as required
- Preparation of year end accounts, audit schedules, tax computation, audit management and liaison
- Responsibility for all compliance, VAT, employee taxes
- Maintain and develop IT systems and skills to meet evolving business needs
- Help produce, review and analyse monthly management accounts (comprising full profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow with commentary)
- Manage accounts team to ensure timely preparation of management accounts and financial information.
- Detailed cash flow modelling
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must demonstrate a solid track record in a similar level finance role or be a Finance Manager looking to step into an FC role. You will be focussed and professional, someone who works effectively with a Senior Management Team and takes a proactive approach to finding effective solutions as well as taking responsibility for the day to day running of the small finance team.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant ACA, CIMA or ACCA with 3-7 years PQE. A background within the professional services or consultancy sector would be highly advantageous as would experience within a similar role within an SME. You will be comfortable running a small finance function, being hands on and also running project work as required. The right candidate will also have an enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated personality and solid commercial acumen. You will have had exposure to providing management information, improving processes and data modelling. You will have a balanced, calm and methodical manner and be comfortable working autonomously within a small business. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance