Progressive role in a multinational listed business
Autonomous "CV-building" Financial Controller role
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader in its field and works closely with its customers to gain a deep understanding of their engineering needs delivering a world-class portfolio of high performance products through exceptional local service and a long history of innovation and technical excellence.
A truly global company, they act responsibly and are committed to making a positive impact on communities and the environment wherever they work. They operate a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil and whilst they are able to deliver on even the most demanding of international projects, their focus is local and niche: on harnessing their resources to create specific products, solutions and services for our customers.
The role reports into the Plant Director (PD) and will form part of the Senior Management Team, responsible for the Finance function and acting as a Business Partner to the PD and other departments. In this role you will be required to closely work with the PD to develop and execute the Business Strategy in alignment with the Business Plan, with ownership of ensuring financial delivery. The Financial Controller is responsible for delivering the financial targets in line with Group guidelines and ensuring compliance with UK regulations.
- Demonstrate strong leadership of the function, driving culture and performance to meet and exceed the expectations of the Company
- Effectively business partner the management team and act as Senior Management Team member and key contributor to the overall company strategy and business plan
- Maintain and develop Standard Costing understanding across all functions so that it becomes embedded into the culture of the Company
- A visible advocate of the global core process development ensuring that common Group Finance processes are deployed and adhered to
- Lead the annual budget preparation and analysis and quarterly re-forecast process ensuring the final plan fits with corporate objectives
- Development of strategic objectives and targets through the strategy deployment process with full ownership for delivery of all financial targets
- Responsible for producing accurate the annual budget and quarterly forecasts that will achieve the business objectives
- Manage all financial reporting and audit requirements ensuring that all statutory reporting deadlines are achieved
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting the Monthly Management Pack and related financial schedules accurately and on time
- Full variance analysis and explanation with real time information; completing cost centre reviews with stakeholders to ensure understanding and accountability for the results
The Successful Applicant
- Post qualification experience encompassing all aspects of the role with a proven track record of success
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience of financial practices, GAAP, taxation, cost management, supply chain and manufacturing / operations is essential
- Professionalism and integrity with impact and presence
- Good standard of verbal and written communication with the ability to explain complex financial information at all levels of the business
- Relevant and significant experience in a manufacturing (or similar) environment operating standard costing
- Demonstrates leadership capability and the ability to influence others
- Previous experience of multi-site financial management
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other related subject
- Formal accountancy qualification (eg CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and evidence of continuing professional education post qualification
What's on Offer
Competitive corporate salary and package.