Excellent opportunity to join a leading Hospitality and Leisure business
Would suit a strong commercially minded Financial Controller
About Our Client
Our client is a major player in the Leisure and Hospitality Industry, based in Somerset and currently experiencing a strong period of double digit growth. Due to an internal promotion they are looking for a commercially minded Financial Controller to join the Senior Management Team.
Reporting into the Deputy General Manager and the Finance Director in head office, the Financial Controller will be required to:
- Manage and develop the team through the use of mentoring and coaching to refine and enhance the skill base of the finance department in order to continuously add value to the village.
- Undertake Duty Management on a rota basis, including overseeing operational standards, health and safety, incident management.
- Oversee the management of the period end process to ensure results are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Development the wider management team to provide them with the financial and commercial skill set they require to operate, understand, develop and influence their results.
- Challenge the result, regardless of unit or division to ensure we are getting the best possible results.
- Manage the preparation of timely and accurate annual budgets, periodic forecasts and business plans.
- Provide financial input, analysis and advice on group initiatives.
- Control capital expenditure. Ensure all projects conform to CAPEX guidelines.
- Critical investigation and analysis of the business information. Highlight and lead areas of opportunity including the preparation of financial appraisals.
- Challenge process and ensure best practice in terms of controls and process across all units and divisions.
- Identify, evaluate and share ideas for process improvement or efficiency savings - irrespective of unit, division.
- Actively promote the use of commercial thinking to continuously improve business performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or QBE.
- Strong background in team management.
- Experience working in a commercial finance role.
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word, MS Office, Powerpoint.
- Committed and can do attitude is essential.
- Adaptable and team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary, excellent benefits