£40,000 - £55,000
Oppertunity to lead a small team
Have a strategic influence on Finance and wider functions
About Our Client
- Dedicated to serving working people and have been for over 70 years.
- Act for individual workers across a wide range of industries and aim to offer them all the highest standards of fairness and integrity at all times.
- National reputation in personal injury, clinical negligence and employment law.
- Years of successful experience in pursuing claims against large corporate organisations.
- Develop and contribute to the financial strategy within the practice
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Develop, implement and evaluate effective financial solutions (including policies, procedures and processes) in line with best practice, legal compliance and specific business needs.
- Support the COFA with regard to SRA compliance
- Manage, develop and mentor the team including setting of KPIs and objectives for team members
- Statutory accounts preparation and ensure compliance with statutory and SRA audits
- Responsible for internal and external financial reporting
- Acting as liaison with the bank and stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified ACA/CIMA
- Strategic and operational background to drive the business forward
- Commercial ability to complement financial knowledge and ability
- Prior experience of a similar role within the legal industry (at least 3 years) including both operational and strategic responsibilities
- Excellent working knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- IT literacy, particularly advance Microsoft Excel knowledge, and working knowledge of payroll software packages (IRIS preferred)
- Experience using Solicitors Case Management (Tikit/Partners for Windows strongly preferred).
- Strong communications skills, being able to effectively represent the company with external regulatory bodies and stakeholders
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits