Business services organisation on the outskirts of Birmingham
Financial Controller position reporting to ambitious Finance Director
About Our Client
Michael Page have been engaged with a leading professional services firm based in Birmingham to secure a Financial Controller to partner closely with the Financial Director. The organisation has positioned itself as a niche player within a competitive market providing unrivalled market insights and customer services.
As the Financial Controller, you will act as the ultimate 'player-manager'; taking a strategic and high-level view of the figures whilst rolling up your sleeves at certain times during the year. You will be the key representative for day-to-day finance with the Finance Director focused on growth, strategy and M&A activity.
The key duties for this role will include:
- Leadership and development of the finance department of 15 including the transactional teams
- Delivery of the Management reports including budgets and forecasts
- Ownership of the statutory accounts production and year end process including the liaison with the auditors
- Management of the Tax, Treasury and payroll functions
- Deputising for the Financial Director in board meetings and strategic reviews
The Successful Applicant
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a interesting services business in Birmingham at a time of growth and progress. The successful Financial Controller will contribute to, and influence the delivery of strategic goals through effective leadership of the finance function.
To be considered for this Financial Controller position, you will ideally:
- Be a true all-rounder with expertise across all areas of finance including, but not limited to; P&L, Balance Sheet, Tax, Treasury, AP, AR and payroll
- Have obtained a professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have a background in a professional Business Services organisation (would be highly desirable)
- Be able to lead, guide and develop a small team of direct reports and an overall team of 15
- Communicate effectively at all levels
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £85,000 + leading benefits