About Our Client
A well known and growing Charity in central Bristol. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to work on a part time basis.
You will be a driven and proactive Financial Controller who can provide high quality financial leadership to the charity.
You will need to have the ability to work flexibly and manage tasks effectively according to priority.
The role will involve reporting to the deputy director for financial activities, overseeing the financial assistant in day-to-day operations, and reporting to the director for all financial information and management. You will need to be a natural leader with the ability to motivate others.
- Provide leadership, direction and management for financial operations supporting all senior staff.
- Maintaining an efficient and effective finance operation for fund-raising, commercial activity and primary purpose activity using SAGE. Suggest ongoing improvements to financial systems and help to streamline processes and operations.
- Liaise with the charity's external auditors in relation to the year-end accounts and any ongoing matters to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Oversee the processing of invoices and receipts on SAGE.
- Regular review of nominal ledger, aged debtors and aged creditors.
- Compile monthly bank reconciliations and monitor bank accounts.
- Manage of all HMRC reporting including gift aid claims.
- Produce and review the quarterly VAT returns and submit to HMRC.
- Produce cashflows by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal information.
- Produce timely, accurate monthly management accounts and other financial information as required.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
The Successful Applicant
You will be a Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
What's on Offer