Rapid growth food product SME
Huge potential for career development
About Our Client
My client produces an innovative health-food product high in nutrition reporting turnover of between £10-12m and are very well funded. They were going through a period of growth pre-COVID but now it's sales are increasing exponentially. This role reports directly to the MD & the Head of Commercial and will require an individual to steer them through this rapid scale-up phase.
My client is going expand rapidly over the next three years. To propel them on this journey they are looking for a brilliant candidate to lead their finance function, overseeing accounts, managing receivables and payables and develop their management and commercial finance capability.
Working with the MD and the management team, this financial controller role isn't for the faint hearted - the pace is fast, the standards are high, and the growth is exceptional.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual company accounts.
- Develop meaningful and consistent financial analysis to inform business decision making.
- Manage and ensure efficiency and accuracy of their outsourced book-keeping provider (inc receivables, payables, payroll, etc).
- Manage cash flow effectively and ensure tight payment controls.
- Ensure effective credit control and accounts setup for new customers and suppliers.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all statutory reporting (VAT returns, Payroll and HMRC submissions, and preparation of BACS runs.
- Ensure effective investigation of queries and discrepancies, engaging with our customers and suppliers.
- Develop and implement an optimal system of financial controls and processes.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Financial Controller:
- Professional finance qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- In-depth experience of Financial Accounting with exposure to FMCG environment.
- Highly organized self-starter, with a balance of strategic approach and hands-on delivery.
- Commercial and practical, with excellent attention to detail and ability to setup effective and efficient processes.
- Self-aware, with excellent communication and organisational skills. Comfortable having challenging conversations with team members, customers and suppliers where necessary.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and high-standards environment.
What's on Offer
Basic salary ~£55,000 to £65,000 + benefits.