Well known and successful Kent based business
Fantastic opportunity to work with MD and FD
About Our Client
Our client are a key £70m turnover division of a very well known Kent based company. They have multiple related divisions, and as a result provide excellent exposure and career prospects to their staff.
As Financial Controller for this £70m turnover construction products business, you will work closely with both the Managing Director of the division as well as the Finance Director.
You will ensure that the company has strong financial controls and processes, and will ensure that the reporting and analysis of the financial and business results are accurate and timely.
You will partner with the business in order to identify performance improvement opportunities, a plan for the delivery of those opportunities and will then monitor and record the delivery and implementation of the plan, alongside the FD.
It will be your goal to improve the information that is available to operational and commercial teams within the businesses that you oversee, using both financial and business information systems, and you will develop your team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the financial systems and balance sheets are well controlled, reconciled and understood
- Ensuring that reporting and analysis is accurate, timely and complete
- Leading the budgetting and forecasting process
- Leading the annual audit process and ensuring that the audit is closed in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparing financial results and analysis for the monthly Executive meetings, including presenting as required
- Preparing the monthly reports on a monthly basis, for review by FD and MD
- Challenging the business to improve financial performance by identifying improvement areas, engaging relevant staff and collaborating effectively
- Continual review and improvement of information available to operational and commercial teams
- Training reports in systems and processes
- Ensuring cash flow performance, budgeting and forecasting is understod and accurately reported
- Proactively identifying potential improvements to processes and working methods to minimise cost and improve service
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller role will:
- Have excellent communication skills and gravitas
- Be able to report effectively and advise senior management
- Will have experience of stock accounting
- Will have prior Financial Control experience and be able to led the external audit process
- Continually look to improve controls and processes
- Be a strong mentor and manager of a small team
What's on Offer
Basic salary of up to £70,000 + Car allowance + Pension + 10% bonus potential.