Growing Acquisitive PE-Backed SME
Complex Challenging FC Role With Progression
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing supplier of consumer products to markets across Europe. With a turnover of £25m and part of a large, international, private-equity backed group, they have expanded rapidly in the past 10 years both through organic growth - driven by outstanding customer service - and strategic acquisitions both here in the UK and abroad. The business is now well placed within a global portfolio of trusted brands within their respective niche markets. As part of its continued growth trajectory, our client is now looking to bolster the finance function by hiring a Financial Controller to help lead the European platform.
- Manage and take full ownership for accuracy of the P&L and balance sheets and provide day to day leadership and development of the finance function.
- Full management and coordination of the budgeting and look ahead cycles.
- Achieve all deadlines for operating controls, cash flow forecasts, month end accounts, inter-company and submission of budgets and forecasts including attendance at customer and supplier meetings which require financial input
- Management of the group's cash and debt. Including working capital management, cash flow forecasting.
- Implement and maintain a regular dialogue of performance appraisal for the finance team and set annual goals for each member to achieve.
- Take responsibility for dealing with all relevant requests from the external auditors achieving a 'Satisfactory (Green)' grading on all audit reviews.
- Have responsibility along with other senior management for stocktaking procedures.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and ensure all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are performed and necessary journals posted.
- Ensure that all accounting entries are posted to the accounting system and perform periodic reserves reconciliations.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements to Group timescales. Coordinate the preparation of the Year End Reporting Packs and Tax Packs.
- Responsible for timely and accurate VAT filings for various European registrations.
- Recommend KPI's, value adding initiatives and cost savings relevant to improving the performance of the division.
- Ensure best practice is implemented and adhered to as part of an ERP system implementation.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department and take responsibility for the structure, processes and workloads ensuring they are adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Identifies needs for department personnel by providing expertise and insight for all Acct/Finance initiatives.
- Manages and develops accounting team, providing feedback, direction, and project prioritisation guidance.
- Builds strong, cross-functional relationships with stakeholders and internal business partners
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a Big 4 / Top 20 background, with minimum 5 years PQE
- Must have sound accounting knowledge / experience and have a good depth of exposure to group accounting across multiple currencies. Therefore comfortable preparing consolidated financial statements (covering P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflows) in multi-currency format.
- Experience in undertaking purchase accounting and ongoing treatment of inter-company transactions and appropriate eliminations.
- Understanding of financial reporting under UK GAAP and US GAAP conversion.
- Experience of reporting to an international parent.
- Experience of private equity preferred but not essential
- Strong attention to detail but also able to think strategically
- Good excel and modelling skills will also be required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working with / partnering teams outside of core finance.
- Evidence of growing and developing a finance team or department.
- Ability and desire to work in an ever-evolving environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package.