Full responsibility and ownership of a finance department.
Dealing with strategy and improvements across the department and team.
About Our Client
One of the leading tour operators and travel providers in the UK.
- Preparation of management accounts to target 10 working days
- Preparation of audit pack for statutory auditors within 3 months of year end
- Full balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of management accounts for board
- Reporting to board on variances in management information
- Preparation and overseeing of Rota and accounts processes, including the authorisation of teams leave in line with the Company Holiday Policy
- Management of accounts team members
- VAT returns
- Oversee staff travel account for Directors
- Increase efficiency within department and maximise automation of tasks
- Reporting on performance for sales managers
- Overseeing all daily, weekly and monthly tasks for the department and ensuring timely completion
- Reporting to Operations Director, external consultant and managing director on matters relevant to the accounts department
- Mentoring of assistants within the department to further their career and develop their skills.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- At least 2 years PQE experience
- Good communication skills by phone, email and face to face
- Good IT skills
- Strong Character and good management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits.
A truly autonomous role for someone ready for the next step in their career.