Rapidly growing SME with a European reach
About Our Client
The client is a leader in the technology industry.
- Coordinate monthly payrolls for UK and international employees in conjunction with external payroll bureaus, including PAYE and pensions returns
- Coordinate all UK and international tax and regulatory compliance issues in conjunction with our international Accountants
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities
- Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Review the monthly management accounts and VAT calculations
- Review of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory Accounts
- Manage insurance policies, renewals and claims
- Continually review internal company policy, controls and processes to improve and support evolving business requirements
- Provide day-to-day technical advice and support to accounts and operations team, providing training as required
- Coordinate UK and international office administration requirements for entities based around the world
- Coordinate advice to regional Sales Directors on financial matters arising in their region by working with our international Accountants.
- Expenses claims audit and processing
- AP invoice processing
- Credit Card transactional processing
- GL reconciliations
- Month end reporting tasks
- Annual audit preparations
- Ad-hoc accounts and administrative tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
This role would suit an experienced Accountant looking to develop their skills at Financial Controller level within a growing SME. The ideal candidate will be looking for a hands-on role with plenty of opportunities to grow and expand their financial and industry knowledge.
- Extensive experience of working in a dynamic accounts team and have experience of managing a small Finance team.
- Up to date technical knowledge of accounting regulations, processes and procedures
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Be familiar with a recognised accountancy and/or ERP system
- Have strong experience of using Microsoft Office software, particularly confident in Excel and data interrogation skills
Educated to degree level and be a fully qualified member of CIMA/ACCA or similar body.
- Ability to take initiative, working with a number of differing priorities, and see things through to completion with a strong attention to detail and within required timescales
- Has strong decision-making skills, with ability to influence to effectively deliver day to day requirements of the Finance department and drive change where needed
- Able to work in situations of ambiguity, whilst being able to plan and organise current workload
- Ability to lead and manage a small team, with ability to delegate where needed to ensure work is delivered accurately and to a high standard
- Able to build strong relationships within the Finance team and other departments, along with key stakeholders in the business particularly at senior level
What's on Offer
The opportunity to join a business that is growing and a chance to lead and grow a highly effective team.