An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing diagnostics startup
Suitable for a hands-on Financial Controller from an SME environment
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with binx, an exciting diagnostic startup based in Wiltshire. binx improve sexual health and wellness through new delivery methods that prioritise clinical integrity and consumer convenience. Their solutions break down screening barriers through discreet patient-tailored individualized digital approaches that complement traditional brick-and-mortar care.
In addition to the "test and treat", point-of-care (POC), molecular diagnostic platform, they provide a first of its kind, comprehensive digital program that includes evidence-based testing, counseling, treatment, and follow up in order to increase screening and reduce infections.
In 2020 binx used their expertise to diversify in to Covid Testing. The binx COVID-19 platform can help organisations and communities of all sizes implement a comprehensive and guideline-driven program to help maintain the safety and well being of their population.
Due to the rapid growth of the company binx are now looking for a Financial Controller to join their expanding team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will take lead on the day to day running of the finance team.
- Preparation of Management accounts for Limited Company and US subsidiary.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts using SAP ByD reporting and Excel where appropriate including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow and variance analysis to the appropriate plan (Budget or Forecast) for review by finance Director.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial transactions within SAP ByD including maintenance of interface between subledgers (AP/AR, inventory, bank, fixed assets, etc) and the general ledger.
- Diarising and running account review meetings including final review with the Finance Director (and COO/CFO) and cost centre managers.
- Preparation of the balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis for review by Finance Director (and COO/CFO).
- Supporting the Finance Assistant on a daily basis.
- Acting as Administrator for SAP ByD including new set-up as required and support to other users.
- Supporting the Finance Director with the Budget and Forecasting process.
- Input and maintenance of the plans within SAP ByD (Budget and subsequent forecast).
- Supporting the Finance Director in preparation of Statutory accounts under IFRS.
- Liaising with auditors and dealing with questions in the key areas of responsibility both in planning and during on-site audit visits.
- Supporting the Finance Director in preparation of tax computations as required.
- Developing appropriate new reports from SAP ByD to support financial reporting.
- Other ad hoc tasks to support the Finance Director. The Finance Director is responsible for Finance, HR, IT and facilities for the company and support may be required in any of these areas.
The Successful Applicant
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA Qualified.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Demonstrable experience of working in SME/Start up environments.
- Excellent Financial and Management reporting skills.
- Excellent process and systems improvements skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter with strong leadership ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with both finance and non-finance staff across the business, up to board level.
- Manufacturing experience would be advantageous with a focus around stock.
What's on Offer