Work for one of the leading new universities in the UK
All round finance role, managing a team
About Our Client
The University of West London is ranked as the top modern university in London, 8th modern university in the UK and 56th university nationally by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
98% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation (HESA 2018) and they achieve the second highest starting salaries of all the London modern universities.
The university has an ambitious 5 year growth plan and as a result they are looking to hire the right skill-set into the finance function with an ability to see commercial opportunity and impact on the bottom line of their revenue streams as well as delivering fantastic financial management and reporting on a regular basis.
- Line manage and support members the finance team, including a mixture of qualified accountants, AP and payroll.
- Lead on the preparation of the year-end Financial Statements for the University and subsidiaries, including liaising with the external Auditor and preparing suitable analyses to enable the Financial statements to be audited.
- Ensure effective financial control across the organisation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the Deputy CFO/CFO
- Liaising with the Heads of these services on a regular basis to discuss progress against budgets and to aid their understanding of financial results
- Playing a key role in preparing the annual UWL financial budgets
- Playing a key role in preparing and monitoring the UWL 5-year plan
- Prepare papers as required for the Board of Governors and Committees of the board.
- Support the Deputy Chief Financial Officer to deliver a first-class accounting function
The Successful Applicant
You will be a full qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) and hold 2+ years post qualification experience. You will have an excellent understanding of technical finance and will have delivered strong financial reporting in your most recent role. Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels. You will be ambitious, eager to learn and keen to work in a fast-paced and growing organisation.
What's on Offer
- Up to £62,000
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and close down over the Christmas period
- Opportunity to study a part time course free of charge
- Extremely generous pension with employer contribution exceeding employee contributions