- Lead finance position with real autonomy and strategic decision making
- You will have strong leadership skills with a manufacturing background.
About Our Client
Leading manufacturing business based in the Midlands.
- Manage the finance team of 4-5 direct reports
- To produce weekly reports such as;
- Sales and VP
- Cash reporting
- Supplier payment plans
- 13w cashflows
- Intercompany reconciliations - done monthly before each month end
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts and report thereon to the Plant Director and the Group Team
- Ensure compliance with PAYE, VAT reporting
- Year end reporting
- Preparation of year end audit and tax files for the auditors
- Review of statutory accounts prepared by auditors
- Support the consolidation process
- Tax compliance - control the preparation and filing of tax compliance requirements. CT, P11D and other tax filings as necessary in line with HMRC deadlines
- Budgeting and forecasting - ensure the timely preparation and presentation of annual budgets and other forward planning information
- Support ad hoc projects - To improve processes, systems and efficiencies throughout our company operations.
- Ensure the security, integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial data and systems
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always adhered to
- Develop and improve the accounting systems.
- Develop and improve the integration of back office systems.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team driving the business forward.
- Deliver solutions to assist in the control and development of the business.
- Ensure that the current department's skill set matches the requirements of the business and that staff are able to develop to their full potential.
- Drive a culture of communication and collaboration within the Finance Team and wider colleagues in the business
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Awareness of IFRS
- Background in Manufacturing
- Good communication skills and ability to listen
- Computer literate and good IT skills
- Advanced excel skills essential
- Commercial background and approach
- Strong data analytical skills
- Confident and resilient nature
- Accurate and able to maintain high standards
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Continuous improvement approach to systems
- Ability to work in a team with other senior staff members from different departments.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits and hybrid working.
Quote job ref
+44 121 634 6920