- Great opportunity for a Financial Controller in a vibrant manufacturing business
- Hugely successful specialist manufacturer with exciting growth prospects
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are thrilled to be working with a successful private equity-backed, high-end manufacturing business close to Stockport.
A market leader in their niche field, this business can offer an ambitious Financial Controller the opportunity to progress rapidly whilst gaining career-defining experience.
With a supportive global parent company, you are able to drive change on-site & truly feel 'part of something', whilst benefiting from the infrastructure the group can offer.
The key responsibilities for this Financial Controller role will include:
- Provide leadership, direction and management for the local Finance team
- Manage, coach and develop the team, while creating an environment where each resource can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Provide the General Manager and Management Team with timely and accurate financial information
- Comply with all local and corporate policies and submit all the financial information on time for the monthly and quarterly reporting
- Be the primary contact for the parent company's finance teams
- Establish and maintain an environment of internal control and integrity, including the management of local Finance systems, suggesting process and systems improvements
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the company accounts, including monthly reconciliation of all relevant balance sheet accounts
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts, working with external auditors
- Manage cash flow and banking, including the relationship with local bank
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller role will be as follows:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified is a strong plus
- 8 + years' experience. A combination of Audit experience + experience working as a Finance Manager / Financial Controller in industry would be a preference
- Strong knowledge of international accounting principles (IAS/IFRS) and UK GAAP and Tax requirements would be helpful
- Good knowledge of data analysis, budgets & forecasts
- Good understanding of ERPs / financial systems. Prior experience with Navision/Tagetik is a significant plus but not essential
- Motivated to drive improved business performance
- Able to be a strong finance business partner with none finance stakeholders to improve margins & efficiencies
- Prior experience working in a private equity-backed business is preferential but not essential
What's on Offer
The successful candidate in this Financial Controller role based close to Stockport will receive a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 based upon experience.
Get in touch to ask more questions if you could be interested.