- 'Number 1' in Finance position
- Rapidly growing, owner managed business
About Our Client
Our client are an impressive recruitment business who have shown considerable growth over the past 3 years.
- Financial reporting:
- Day to day management of purchase ledger and cashbook accountant;
- Month-end journals and related BS reconciliations;
- Responsible for all payments, including taxes (VAT, PAYE, corp tax etc);
- Weekly margin and monthly management accounts to shareholders;
- Year-end audit;
- Ad hoc interim audits (shareholders, customers, bank, regulatory bodies);
- Ad hoc variance analysis and cost control.
- Cash flow management:
- Weekly short term (13 week) cash flow forecast update;
- Long term forecasting to maintain covenant and facility headroom;
- Day to day management of credit controller;
- Setting and meeting cash collection targets;
- Obtaining and maintaining adequate credit insurance for funding purposes.
- Annual budget setting, including high-level 3 year plan
- Monthly variance analysis and reforecasting (if required)
- Full BS, P&L & CFS
- Owning the banking relationship with two banks - one clearing, one invoice discounting;
- Meeting all banking covenants.
The Successful Applicant
Due to the breadth of the role, we are looking for someone with a strong accounting background so that you are able to quickly perform all aspects of accounting due to the small size of the team.
As such, you should be 10 years+ post qualified, preferably with substantial experience of working within a financial accounting/management accounting role.
Experience of group/board financial reporting is preferable but not essential, however due to the rapid growth of the business and future plans, extensive experience of cash flow forecasting and management is required.
Recruitment is a fast-paced, weekly-orientated industry with a mixture of high-volume routine transactions and urgent ad hoc requests. As such, you will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to work fast and accurately whilst also having the self-discipline to manage your own workload with minimal supervision.
What's on Offer
On offer is an excellent opportinity to progress in to a full Finance Director role over the coming years. You will work closely with a dynamic team and be part of the growth journey of this impressive organisation.