- Opportunity to join a fast growing Private Equity backed company
- Work directly under an impressive and accomplished CFO
About Our Client
Our client are Stowe Family Law, the UK's leading Family law specialists. Stowe Family Law are Private Equity backed by Livingbridge, and have ambitious plans to double their headcount and triple the size of the client base over the next three years.
Financial reporting & control:
- Monthly historic group management accounting cycle, including reporting income and spend against budget at a more granular level
- Annual budgeting cycle
- Monthly payroll cycle
- Monthly/ quarterly/ annual tax compliance
- Responsible for the annual statutory audit for the group Responsible for the monthly investor reporting cycle
- Support the firm's compliance with the SRA accounts regulations
Financial planning & analysis:
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of weekly and monthly cashflow forecasts
- Responsible for monthly updating of the financial forecasting model
- Responsible for the quarterly refresh of the financial forecasts to the Board Production of scenarios around the Central Scenario to highlight opportunities and potential areas of financial risk
Business partnering & analytics:
- Develops and delivers the firm's KPI suite to focus attention on key value add areas
- Develops the business's understanding of our key drivers using analytics
- Support Managing Partners and Regional Directors on a 121 basis and as a group to assist them in driving financial performance in their areas
- Undertake financial training to the fee earner population
- Day-to-day management of the Commercial Finance team, focussing on the development of the talent pipeline and reducing key man risk
- Work alongside the Working Capital Manager on a day-to-day basis to deliver an excellent customer service
- Focus on ways that the Commercial Finance team can be a 'value add' department that improves engagement, wellbeing, productivity, and reduces attrition
- Commercial Finance representative on the Operations Board
- Day-to-day point of contact for bank, insurers, HMRC, statutory auditors, tax advisers
- Day-to-day cover for the CFO
(The above is a list of the main duties for the role. This list is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as per the business needs).
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least three years' experience in a similar role (including both historic and forecast reporting)
- Experience of leading a team of people to identify and deliver changes to processes and behaviours
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to non-accountants and at a Board level
- Excellent up-to-date technical knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Business partnering experience in a professional services firm
- Experience of using data to drive value-add information and so performance- improving action
Other skills and attributesThe Financial Controller will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness and how an understanding of the data can drive value in business decisioning.The Financial Controller will have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to influence differing stakeholder groups.
The Financial Controller will be an inspiring leader, who manages team performance and builds team engagement.
What's on Offer
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.