Cracking opportunity in an SME Owner Managed business in Somerset
Would suit a hands-on Financial Controller with a strong commercial acumen
About Our Client
Our client is an ambitious SME based in Somerset with exciting growth plans. They are looking for a strong Financial Controller to lead the finance team and be a key business partner to the commercial and operational arms of the business.
Reporting into the Managing Director the Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the finance department
- Preparation of Cashflow and Profit and Loss forecasts to support business decision making
- Preparation of supporting figures for a range of operational decisions including bonus schemes
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Ongoing Process improvement of the Finance department as well as indicating wider process improvements in the rest of the business.
- Keeping a strict overview of the cash balances of the business through the scrutiny of the credit control, working capital and supplier payments
- Advising the business of any legislative changes
- Liaison with 3rd parties and maintaining key relationships with Banks/Accountants etc.
- Complete all HMRC returns including VAT and other statutory returns
- Cover all aspects of Purchase & Sales Ledger for holidays and absences
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant with previous Financial Controller experience
- Strong Communication skills
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy, organised and methodical
- Capability to report correct information to colleagues
- Good understanding and knowledge of Excel (advance skills preferred) Sage and CRM systems
What's on Offer