- Fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic and growing business.
- Perfect role for someone looking to take the next step in their career to FC.
About Our Client
Large manufacturing business based in the Midlands with growth plans.
- Providing strategic leadership and ensuring the finance function supports the business at a strategic and operational level
- Ensuring that Finance staff are provided with the appropriate levels of supervision, mentoring & coaching
- Conduct regular appraisals with all Finance team managers
- Ensure weekly sales, contribution & KPI information is collated and reported to divisional team
- Overseeing monthly payroll calculations
- Prepare monthly and report monthly management accounts in a strict 5 day timetable
- Prepare monthly reports for Board report that include Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow and analysis of manufacturing variances, transport costs, warranty claims, overheads, headcount and capital expenditure
- Ensure all statutory, government returns and trade statistics are completed on time. (Payroll Submissions VAT Returns, EC Sales List, Intrastat Returns, and ONS Returns)
- Prepare Six Monthly and Annual Statutory Financial Statements
- Prepare Tax information to assist Group Taxation with compiling company tax returns
- Ensure internal Authority Matrix limits are adhered to
- Review and approve Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure that outstanding issues are resolved on a timely basis
- Responsibility for both Interim & Annual external Audits, liaising as appropriate
- Improve product/customer margin analysis highlighting the lowest margins
- Ensure reviews of Overheads with Departmental managers/budget holders are conducted, and identify areas where costs saving could be targeted
- Prepare Models and Complete annual budgeting and strategic planning process
- Ensure agreed Group Credit Control policies are adhered to.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with at least 3 years of post qualified experience
- Able to manage and improve the performance and progress of others through regular reviews and constructive feedback
- Have clear responsibility and accountability for specific activities required to produce results and meet standards
- Able to identify the essential aspects of a problem quickly and clearly make decisions
- Able to communicate clearly, both oral and written, using a range of techniques and styles to ensure that communication is timely, clear and effective
- Able to work in a methodical and organised way to achieve goals and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Able to adapt to a complex, ever changing work environment including adopting a flexible approach and reacting positively to changing circumstances
- Able to demonstrate clear commitment to achieving high levels of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Inspire and generate respect from staff by giving clear direction, consultation and encouragement
- Recognising the importance of employee development by giving constructive feedback and support and enabling everyone to develop their full potential.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.