Industrial, Qualified, Glasgow
About Our Client
A well established SME with a market presence in a number of different industry sectors.
The Financial Controller role will offer the following responsibilities:
- As a member of the company's senior management team, help set and achieve business goals and set the pathway for future growth and profitability.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly management accounts, quick results and various group reporting requirements (including cashflow forecasts) are accurate and produced in line with group and business requirements.
- Responsible for the production of year end statutory accounts and agree finalisation with external auditors/group.
- Assist Parent company with the internal audit of the company and in conjunction with the company MD, ensure that any finance issues, including those arising from the audit process are both handled and concluded in the timescales required.
- Prepare/review the annual budgets for the associated business units and help write the business plan.
- Responsible for a team of 5 in finance.
- Manage the company bank accounts
- Ensure all relevant taxes are correctly calculated, accounted for and paid over to the relevant authorities
- Responsible for the company payroll, ensuring this is processed accurately and to the required deadlines and subsequently complete the reporting and administration cycle.
- Help managers and staff to improve decision making and understanding by utilising the company's IT resource to write reports and provide information from ERP and other business systems.
- Lead and manage ad-hoc project work as appropriate.
- Any other duties as required from time to time relating to the overall role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will hold a professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA) and will have experience in a leadership position. A background in Construction, Facilities Management or Property would be advantageous but not essential.
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller will be offered a competitive salary (up to £65,000 DOE) and benefits package.