Financial Model Assurance - Manager
Large, international accountancy firm.
Provide financial modelling-related services to blue-chip corporates and FS.
About Our Client
This large accountancy firm provides a range of financial modelling-related services to clients in relation to major infrastructure projects. These clients are involved in the design, build, finance and operation of multi-million and, in some cases, multi-billion Pound Projects, either in the private sector or under government procurement frameworks.
The diverse range of projects supported include: petrochemical plants, LNG trains, water de-salination plants, and IWPP projects in the Middle East; to wind and rail projects across the UK and Europe; to government sponsored transport projects; to social infrastructure projects to provide new schools and hospitals across the UK.
You will initially learn methodologies and quality control procedures, and be trained in the use of various model analysis tools.
Your initial role will involve:
- Assisting the lead consultant in the delivery of model audit engagements. This will include: running analysis tools; review of the detailed underlying model formulae; preparation of queries for the client; assistance in the preparation of reports; testing of sensitivities; assistance with the appraisal of the accounting compliance of the models assumptions. In due course you will be introduced to commercial elements, such as the review of key contracts, such as bank credit documents.
- Assisting in the completion of tax and accounting advisory engagements in a support capacity, undertaking research on accounting issues as directed by the lead consultant and liaising with the tax advisor. You may also assist in the drafting of reports.
- Assisting in a support role in the delivery of services to Equity Funds active in the acquisition and disposal of equity in project entities. This may involve: preparation of reports, charts and analysis; modelling sensitivities; amending models for revised assumptions; producing valuations based on a discounted cashflow basis; identifying errors or discrepancies to contracts; and identifying upsides and downsides and quantifying them.
- Depending on your experience there may be potential for candidates with modelling and VBA experience to get involved with model development, but such experience is not presumed.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA , CA , ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Experience of undertaking Financial Model Audits is preferable however, this is not a requirement and the role offered will be tailored based on your experience
- Background or exposure in either Audit, Corporate Finance or Forensics
- An interest in learning about and developing a career in project finance
- Good project management skills and desire to take ownership of their work
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, training and career path.