Financial Operations Manager
You are used to the 'organised chaos' of a start up/scale up environment
You are a 'self starter' who is keen to take ownership of their work
About Our Client
My client is an ambitious, fast-paced scale-up - the success of their mission depends on your high expectations, your autonomy and your proactivity.
They operate across the globe, enhancing employee experiences through a number of tools and channels. They give teams a huge range of perks and benefits accessible any time via app or desktop. Their niche recognition tool encourages people to celebrate outstanding work, while incentivising high performance.
They don't have a rule book and that's why they always strive to work better together. They are driven by a challenge to solve problems that are bigger than them, and they promise all staff members one thing: that they will never stop growing within the company.
- Manage Accounts Receivable function to ensure timely and accurate billing, collections, revenue recognition, reconciliation and reporting
- Assess current policies and procedures and develop/implement procedural enhancements related to cash collections and billing processes
- Prepare and/or review monthly general ledger entries and balance sheet reconciliations for Accounts Receivable
- Review AR ageings and book bad debt provision and write-offs
- Act as the primary technical accounting resource for the company by analysing, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise day-to-day
- Work with Sales, Revenue Operations and provide suggestions and assistance to ensure proper invoicing and billing solutions for edge cases
- Manage the preparation of complete revenue reports and other support information requests as needed for the monthly management pack
- Prepare month end revenue reports and analyse the difference between bookings and recognitions
- Prepare consolidated revenue analysis and update with reconciliation of forecast to actuals
- Working directly with the customer success team and identifying and resolving any billing issues as arise
- Manage daily bill run for different billing platform
- Assisting with the catch-up of any missing invoices or revenue recognitions
The Successful Applicant
You'll be a qualified accountant with a couple of years experience in an Account Receivables or Revenue Reporting position and come from a Saas background (or similar).
You'll be comfortable leading a small team and know how to get the best out of your people, with the ultimate goal of reducing outstanding revenue.
Managing multiple complex billing systems, you'll have an eye for fine details and be able to learn unfamiliar solutions with ease. You'll be proactive about identifying areas for improvements and will have the confidence to communicate these with various different stakeholders.
Working with different departments will be a key part of this role, so you should be a natural relationship builder and able to discuss/translate issues with others to find a solution.
You must also have:
- Relevant accounting qualifications. e.g ACCA/CIMA or equivalent ACA
- At least 1 year supervisory or managerial experience
- Previous experience of working with Salesforce/Netsuite/Zuora/Microsoft Excel
- Great customer service skills
- Have the ability to lead and mentor a team
- Previous credit control experience
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary up to £60k OTE (experience dependant)
- Pension plan
- Healthcare cashback
- Generous learning budgets
- Flexible and remote working
- And many, many more...