Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join an organistation going through positive change
A chance to play a strategic role in a business that is extremely dynamic
About Our Client
St. Modwen has an extraordinary history and a strong track record of delivery, with a reputation for looking at things differently, challenging the norm and creating opportunities where none existed before. The business is embarking on an exciting phase with ambitious growth plans and we are therefore seeking to appoint talented individuals who can embrace and contribute to their business purpose; 'Changing Places. Creating Better Futures'
St. Modwen has taken thousands of acres of contaminated brownfield land and cleaned it up to create areas that provide homes and thriving communities for thousands of people.
Their people are skilled, responsive and passionate.
They are experts who take great pride in what they do and care about doing the right thing.
An extraordinary organisation going through change
A chance to play a key strategic role in the business
The FP&A Analyst will have responsibility for consolidating the Group forecast on a monthly basis (financial and KPIs) in order to produce monthly reporting for the PPR, SLE and plc Board. This will require working with regional and Group finance teams, to understand variances to budgets and prior forecasts, and to highlight key areas of risk and opportunity.
The role will also encompass the ownership of overheads reporting and forecasting, with monthly analysis provided to department budget owners to support management of our cost base.
The FP&A function will act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights, support and optimal business decision making which demands high quality, detailed information.
This role offers a broad scope for FP&A responsibilities and with senior stakeholder interaction. It offers the potential for future progression within the organisation, both within the FP&A team and towards Regional finance.
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for:
- Producing the monthly financial report for the board including draft commentary
- Producing the PPR / SLE papers, ensuring schedules are accurately consolidated from regional information, and any inconsistencies are fed back to the regional teams for correction
- Analysing and forecasting Group overheads
- Understanding key variances to budget / prior forecast
- Offer and carry out monthly meetings with budget holders where required
- Think strategically and assist in commercial decision making for the business
St. Modwen values and respects the individuality and diversity that each of our employees brings to the business and we are committed to promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture. The skill, dedication and the quality of an individual's work is vital to our success and we recognise our responsibility as an employer to look after everybody's wellbeing and ensure that each individual feels like a respected part of our workforce. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
The Successful Applicant
The successful FP&A Analyst will demonstrate the following:
- Graduate calibre, qualified accountant (ACA or ACMA) with a progressive track record of success, ideally within a fast moving, forward thinking organisation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage deadlines
- Able to communicate fluently and concisely across a range of different cultures; tough, adaptable and resilient - able to work with robust characters
- Hands on and task oriented - comfortable at operating in a 'sleeves rolled up' manner
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of a commercial business and have worked within a high quality public company environment
- Possess strong analytical/technical skills, together with a strong accounting/control background
- Very high level of initiative and self-motivation but also able to follow the agreed way of working
- Personality fit is key; we are seeking an upper quartile candidate who is both technically and commercially able to take on the role, but equally important is the ability to fit within a fast moving, demanding, complex and constantly evolving business and drive change
- Strong analytical skills (especially the ability to really get into and own the business model which can get quite complicated) and a keen interest and understanding of service / contract led businesses.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Car / allowance + holiday + bonus + pension + healthcare