Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst
Global household brand within the FMCG industry
Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst in South West London
About Our Client
The company is a well recognised household brand based in South West London. Having recently been acquired by a global private equity house, they are reestablishing their finance team and systems. The company is fast paced and would suit someone looking for a start-up environment.
The responsibilities of the role will be, but not limited to
- Financial Planning: Support the annual budget preparation, monthly and quarterly forecast cycles for the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow Statements. Perform monthly variance analysis to understand changes vs. prior year / budget / prior forecast, along with meaningful commentary to explain results to various levels within the organisation.
- Reporting: Produce the segment's monthly statements in line with their reporting requirements, internal deadlines and criteria. Support system upload requirements and forecast submission templates. Be the finance owner of Customer Fund Management (CFM) system, enabling Sales teams provide accurate sales forecast. Produce monthly by Customer and Channel P&L, to drive financial visibility with the commercial teams and enable them deliver strong results.
- Financial Analysis: Analyse financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas and develop solutions. Identify, explain, report foreign exchange impacts and recommend mitigation plans. Perform general business analytics including growth initiatives, pricing/promotion, product profitability, sku productivity, product cost and overhead budget expenses.
- Budget Controlling: Partner with the multi-functional budget owners to track, consolidate and report spending changes in the forecast. Help manage £45 million of sales, marketing and SG&A budgets, identifying investment, savings and improved ROI opportunities.
- Stewardship/Accounting: Lead sales team and liaise with the accounting team in the areas of revenue accounting. Own trade fund stewardship, accruals and revenue recognition. Ensure financial statement's reporting is in line with local and US GAAP. Be the fiduciary trustee leading sales through trade fund stewardship, accruals and revenue recognition in line with the company's Standard Practice Instructions, Decision Authority and Sarbanes Oxley. Ensure that financial and SOX documentation is maintained in a current manner.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working as a Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst working within the FMCG or Retail industries. Knowledge and experience in creating finance models to collate data and presenting this is a must.
They will have worked closely with sales teams and managed their budgets and KPI's. They will have a strong understanding of trade funds accruals and have experience of Board reporting.
What's on Offer
This role is offered with a very competitive salary