Financial Planning Manager
Excellent Central Government Assignment
Key Strategic & Commerical Role
About Our Client
My client is a public sector, central government organisation.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing reporting improvement, modelling and data analysis resource. Developing financial modelling, forecasting, stress testing and scenario planning capabilities. This will involve developing a close working relationship with the Risk, Corporate Strategy and Research and Analysis teams.
- Support Directorate Business Planning activities, and for reporting against the plan to the CIO and senior management. This will require collaboration across the directorate and the wider Agency and will give exposure to Directors Group and the Board, as well as our sponsor organisations and stakeholders
- Support Business Improvement activities, including the implementation of the Business Improvement and Business as Usual activities identified in the Directorate Business Plan, and reporting progress against these activities. Provide resource to Agency-wide business improvement activities, including the Digital and Data workstream and ongoing central MI and Reporting projects
- Driving the achievement of high standards of data quality and integrity, including an understanding and practical knowledge of the analytical tools available
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have;
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification (CIPFA/CIMA/ACCA/ACA), or a recognised programme management qualification
- Understanding of the Business Planning process within an organisation, including the Financial and non-Financial aspects which contribute to a successful business plan. Experience of the implementation of Business Improvement Plans or activities is desirable
- Experience in interrogating data, extracting the key facts and presenting these clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences with supporting commentary
- Ability to manipulate data to meet evolving client needs as part of process of continuous improvement
- Ability to work to tight deadlines; Team player; and Flexibility - ability to adapt to a changing environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive Day Rate - Inside IR35