Financial Reporting Accountant
Newcastle upon Tyne
An exceptional opportunity for a Newly Qualified accountant
Candidate will be qualified and come from a practice background
About Our Client
Global well known organisation with a head office in Newcastle
- Deliver accurate and timely statutory and group financial reporting and other ad-hoc deliverables
- Produce the financial statements for assigned legal entities
- Perform technical reviews of draft statutory accounts
- Assist the team to ensure the accounts progress through audit in a timely manner;
- Monitor developments in accounting standards to ensure that all statutory reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101
- Provide technical accounting input relating to internal Group reorganisations as required
- Apply group financial accounting policy and procedures and contribute to their development as and when required
- Deliver in line with statutory and group monthly and quarterly reporting timetables
- Liaise with Tax, Treasury, Sector leads, internal and external auditors, as appropriate
- Comply with new accounting standards and refer to senior management for clarity if in doubt
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of own technical knowledge and continuing professional development
- Provide coaching guidance and support to the Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant role
- Understand the customer journey and continually look for ways to improve this
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in an accounts preparation and review environment.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101 and UK law related to the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team.
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively take on new work as and when required.
- Ability to coach more junior members of the team.
- Ability to credibly challenge at appropriate levels within the organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary and package