Financial Reporting Accounting - SES Water, Redhill
Responsible for the development of a best practice finance and reporting team
Develop key internal and external financial reporting in line with objectives
About Our Client
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
-Review of risk, implementation and monitoring of key financial policies and controls
To provide best practise reporting across the statutory and regulatory environment.
-Regular review of financial accounting standards and updates.
-Consolidation and review of balance sheet reporting with input from the Finance
business partnering team.
-Ownership of process and deadlines, and consolidation and reporting of quarterly in
year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5 year high level forecasts,
based on input from the finance business partnering team.
-Ensuring high levels of integrity, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting
Training as needed across the finance team and wider business on key financial
-To undertake such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably
-Input into longer term financial forecasting models to help strategic decision making.
-Implementation of business controls including financial reconciliations and sign off
-Development and running month end timetable, ownership of financial data.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical financial knowledge with experience of external financial reporting within a plc.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others.
- Ability to work in a team towards common objectives and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Can work in a time pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes and systems
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and Benefits