- Fantastic opportunity to join a leading insurance firm
- Broad role offering great career prospects
About Our Client
This Financial Reporting Manager - 12 month FTC role is with a leading financial services business.
The successful candidate for this London based Financial Reporting Manager - 12 month FTC role will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning and preparation of key activities of the reporting cycles.
- Consolidation of the Group financial data and generation of the Company's Report and Accounts, including business performance analysis, financial statements and corresponding notes and regulatory and narrative reporting.
- Analysis of consolidated data and review and challenge of reported numbers; bring business knowledge and sound accounting judgement in ensuring the consistency and robustness of reported numbers.
- Ensure operation of controls to give comfort over the quality and accuracy of the Company's Report and accounts, regulatory returns and narrative reporting,
- Briefing and communication with business units, internal and external stakeholders including other teams and offshore resource.
- Implementation of change within the team, championing and leading continuous process improvement.
- Other work to support IFRS or SII cycles including process improvements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this London based Financial Reporting Manager - 12 month FTC role will have the following exposure:
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Insightful at analytical review, results analysis and results commentary for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills and systems knowledge (Excel, Magnitude, Financial systems).
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate across all levels and across different geographies.
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative, resolve issues where appropriate and know when to escalate.
- Strong team player - enjoys working as part of a team to achieve the team's goals and deadlines.
- Good time management skills and ability to plan for and meet deadlines. IFRS reporting or Solvency II experience; ideally in the financial service sector or large companies.
- Implementation of change and continuous improvement.
- Cultural and political awareness.
- Financial Systems experience, particularly Excel, Oracle and Magnitude.
- Production of consolidated Report and Accounts.
- Controls mindset with experience of adherence to financial controls.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary and benefits package.