Financial Reporting Manager - 15 month FTC
An international Investment Bank with a smaller company feel to them
Interesting work and the opportunity to business partner different departments
About Our Client
A market leading international investment bank with an extensive portfolio of capital markets products.
- Manage the production of the annual statutory accounts of the bank and associated legal entities.
- Assist with the day to day management of annual statutory audit; and continuously liaise with the external auditors and the Senior Management to ensure that bottlenecks during the audit process are minimised and that the board, regulatory and Companies House deadlines are met.
- Works closely with the Audit Manager from external accountancy practice.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of the FINREP templates to the PRA
- A subject matter expert on all accounting policies and standards for London. Provide technical guidance to the front office/business up to Senior management level on all matters relating to accounting standards
- Assist with implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist with coordination, communication and implementation monitoring of new accounting standards.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of the FINREP templates to the PRA.
- Responsible for the Fixed Assets Register of the London subsidiary on an on-going basis by ensuring that additions and disposals, if any, have been accounted for appropriately.
- Deliver high-quality and timely responses to the Head Office, the Senior Management and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all communications are succinct and clear for recipients.
- Implement an efficient control framework ensuring work efforts have procedures and policies in place and are fully end user computing compliant.
- Any other work efforts assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant
A recognised accounting qualification is essential
In depth technical experience in financial accounting working in an investment banking environment.
Will have a minimum of 3 years in depth technical experience in a statutory reporting environment.
Detailed knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
Skilled in written and verbal communication.
What's on Offer
- 15 month Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Flexible working ( taking in to account reporting deadlines)
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell 3
- Extensive private medical care