Financial Reporting Manager
Head of Reporting for BAM Nuttall in Camberley.
Key leadership role in the UK business.
About Our Client
BAM Nuttall are a leading engineering business, they deliver exceptional engineering, construction and investment services across private and public sector projects, in the UK and abroad. BAM Nuttall are one of two businesses in the UK, BAM Construct being the other. BAM Nuttall are part of Royal BAM Group, Dutch owned who have over 20,000 people globally with an annual turnover of £6.5 billion.
BAM Nuttall employ over 3,000 people across 800 projects and their vision is 'Building the present, creating the future'.
The company has a clear vision - One BAM and finance has a focus on the following within that vision:
*Become a strategic business partner to support improving company performance
*Drive towards a data driven organisation to ensure effective decision making and strengthen predictability
*Deliver accurate accounting and high-quality reporting
*Run standardised and efficient processes
This role is instrumental in managing and developing every aspect of the finance function. This role will ensure that all company, statutory and legislative requirements are met to the highest standards. Knowledge of civil engineering and construction are highly advantageous in this role. The role will focus on the following:
- Responsibility for consolidated statutory accounts for the group and subsidiary companies.
- Preparation of the group management accounts.
- Full responsibility of the balance sheet.
- Responsible for all tax for the group, including PAYE, VAT and corporation tax.
- Co-ordination of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure accounting standards are up to date and BAM guidelines are adhered to, IFRS 15 & IFRS 9.
- Treasury management and cash flow forecasting.
- Financial systems maintenance and implementations.
- Management of the team, including training and development.
- Business partnering with the wider business and operational staff.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a proven manager with a strong technical bias, strong reporting guidelines knowledge and a hunger for change and transformation. The successful person will have worked within a complex group environment, enjoy developing staff and ideally come from a Construction or Infra-structure background.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will secure a permanent role with BAM Nuttall, based in Camberley. The position on offer comes with a competitive package, autonomy and progression opportunities.