- Large Public Sector Organisation based in The Midlands
- Be Part of a Team Striving for Top Performance and Constantly Evolving
About Our Client
My clients are a leading business with a network across the UK. They are expanding and are looking to add key hires to the wider Finance function.
- Lead the delivery of the core investment accounting and reporting (IFRS, Pensions, SORP and related CIPFA guidance), providing high-quality financial analysis, commentary and disclosures.
- Significant day-to-day interaction with Head of Finance internally, as well as managing the external audit relationship.
- Review and challenge of results and messaging, to ensure that they are accurate and in line with expectations.
- Actively challenge the status-quo of current processes and systems, exploring any potential improvements.
- Support the Finance team.
- Partner with all elements of the business on complex investment transactions and related accounting treatments.
- Continuous engagement with other functions such as the Investments and Compliance teams on specific projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) with significant post-qualified experience.
- Proven track record of managing investment accounting and reporting processes under IFRS.
- Experience of running process improvement projects would be an advantage.
- Quickly gains credibility at senior levels within the business.
- Able to work effectively across departments.
- Strong presentation skills and people skills, good influence
What's on Offer
Fixed Term Contract for 6 months with possible extension or Permanent position.