Leading Public Sector Organisation - 37.5 Hours Per Week
CPC National / International Required
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long leading Public Sector organisation in Nottingham in their search for a Fleet Manager to head up their Fleet department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations along with; Vehicle Maintenance, Servicing, Compliance, Process & Policy along with ensuring sufficient vehicle availability across a broad fleet range of over 500+ unit.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Manage a Fleet of over 500+ units across a mixed fleet.
- Be responsible for the Fleet & Workshop / Engineering Teams.
- Be responsible for compliance & vehicle maintenance.
- Be responsible for providing reliable, clean, safe and functional units.
- Act as Site Manager for DVSA MOT test station and to ensure compliance with any standards, conditions or undertakings required as part of this role.
- Be responsible for adequate planning of resource.
- Ensure robust support structures are in place to enable the safe and efficient delivery of the required output, including facilities, quality, health and safety and environmental management.
- Compile fleet maintenance costs, analyse and highlight any overspend or incorrect charges and challenges.
- Implement fleet improvement initiatives.
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Co-ordinate any third party repairs to the fleet and ensure fleet down time is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all daily/weekly reports are complete within the timescales required.
- Assist the Head of Fleet in the creation and implementation of policy, over-seeing legislative compliance for fleet, both in accordance with the terms of the Operators Licence and duty of care.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Fleet Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - Essential.
- CPC National / CPC International - Essential.
- Public Sector experience - Advantageous.
- A strong background in Fleet Management including Transport Compliance.
- Experience of day-to-day management of a large team of mechanics for HGV, Plant and Light vehicles and administration staff - including performance management.
- A working knowledge of Engineering / Production / Vehicle Maintenance - Desirable.
- A proven people manager and leader with experience in managing over c.20+ employees through direct reports - Essential.
- Have managed in excess of 450+ units previously.
- Past exposure of successfully managing a P&L, along with being commercially minded.
- Be commutable to Nottingham.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £38,000 to £40,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus - Performance Related.
- Holidays - 25 + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Plus additional company benefits.