£65,400 - £65,500
Strong work/life balance ethos
About Our Client
Independent disciplinary body, London based.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working on individual investigations into misconduct/ breaches of relevant requirements by fellow professional accountants, audit firms or actuaries.
- Determining the avenues of enquiry; using expertise to identify sources of evidence and requesting provision of documentation and information.
- Undertaking significant or complex areas of an investigation.
- Identifying and working with internal experts to clarify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards.
- Using forensic skills to determine the approach to the review and analysis of all material obtained
- Preparing and conducting disciplinary interviews with subject partners and external lawyers.
- Preparation of an objective report of investigation findings
- Agreeing and meeting deadlines for investigation work
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with an expertise in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of a regulatory disciplinary process.
- Understanding of audit.
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.