A great opportunity for progression into a supervisory position
Exceptional training from a world-leading logistics brand!
About Our Client
My client is one of the worlds leading logistics providers with contract across the Defence, Manufactring, FMCG, food and electronics sub-sectors. They are a market-leader in their environment and are looking for only the best to join them upon their ambitious growth plans in the Castle Donnington area. You will work with a variety of market leading MHE equipment from Linde, Jungheinrich and Toyota.
As a Forklift Engineer you will be based on site in a Logistics Centre and provide both hands-on mechanical support and leadership to a group of 5x Maintenance Operatives. On a daily basis, you will report into the Maintenance Manager and cover the following responsibilities:
- Manage a fleet of over 100+ pieces of MHE (ranging from Linde, Jungheinrich and Toyota)
- Reactive and preventative maintenance and servicing schedules.
- Respond to breakdowns and fault finding / diagnosing issues.
- Complete and maintain documentation related to servicing
- Undertake responsibility for a team of 5x operative and handle their progression, development and training.
- Complete and undertake all 1-2-1, disciplinary and training actions as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Forklift Engineer will have at least 4 years experience in a hands-on or managerial role, ideally based within a logistics or distribution centre / site. They will also have the following:
- NVQ Level 3 / A-Level / or equivalent
- A tenacious attitude and driven approach to problem solving
- A desire to progress into a leadership or development opportunity in the future.
- Experience with either Linde, Jungheinrich or Toyota MHE trucks.
- Commutable to the Castle Donnington area.
What's on Offer
- 5% pension contribution via the company
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Excellent opportunities to progress, train and develop