FP&A Finance Analyst
Varied post in an international business
Perfect role for anyone looking to move to FM/FC
About Our Client
This Reading based business has seen significant changes over the last few years as they centralised their European operations into Reading and have made improvements in process and procedure. They are well established and have been working in their technology based market for over 30 years.
They have a supportive team and offer anyone looking to work towards being a qualified accountant an extraordinary opportunity to get a wide range of skills added to their resume.
The key responsibility of the FP&A Finance Analyst will be to:
European Management Reporting
- Show a good understanding of Gross Margin Analysis and compile reports that are communicated to Senior Management in order for them to understand Gross Margin Variances
- Perform regular and ad hoc financial analysis on Sales, OPEX, Inventory, Profitability and Balance Sheet metrics comparing Sales Units, Product Categories and other areas.
- Monitoring Trade Receivables balances across Europe, communicating with European FDs on aged debt and compiling summary reports to be presented to Senior Management.
Tax & VAT compliance
- Manage the VAT compliance process, ensuring accurate records and timely submissions
- Assist Finance Manager with other areas of Tax reporting.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in the P&L Forecasting and Budgeting processes, holding meetings with relevant cost centre stakeholders, consolidating budgets and producing insightful analysis for Senior Management.
- Developing a European Cashflow forecast. Involves engagement with European FDs and developing and implementing new reporting templates.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal FP&A Finance Analyst will already have significant experience in a highly commercial role, interacting with senior stakeholders and forming Monthly accounts and analysis.
You must also be able to use Excel in a 'live' setting, whilst sitting with managers during meetings, creating and manipulaiting information to adjust to forecasts.
Ideally you will be working towards a recognised qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA. As well as this, you will also be able to bring significant experience from a more junior role with you.
Alongside this, the client is keen to ensure that any potential applicant comes from a strong academic background, showing a high achieving and highly numerical background.
What's on Offer
The FP&A Finance Analyst comes with:
- Amazing technical variation
- Highly competitive salary
- Study Support
- Career Progression and Development whilst PQ and Qualified
- Brilliant exposure to senior Finance
- Very commercial role.