Incredibly flexible working environment with real work life balance.
New FP&A Manager Opportunity - Yorkshire
About Our Client
My client are a well known insurance business in Yorkshire. From day 1, you'll be able to contribute to the purpose of the business.
This role is in the Financial Planning & Analysis team which is responsible for providing financial analysis and insight to and for all entities in the UK group. In this role you would be responsible for:
- Managing, mentoring and coaching a small team to support the delivery of the FP&A activities.
- Undertaking activity and supporting your team in activity related to Financial Planning & Analysis with the aim of providing information and insight to key stakeholders.
- Being responsible for leading and gathering information, analysing and sharing findings and presenting results and options.
- Being responsible for producing Corporate Management Information including monthly performance packs and quarterly Board packs.
- Being responsible for delivering insightful commentary and driving improvements and change in the contents of the packs to continue to meet recipient's needs.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual business plan, quarterly forecasting and other regular reporting activities including delivery of various scenarios.
- Supporting delivery of information to Finance Business Partners as well as analysis and challenge of key information from them and their business areas.
- You will take a key leadership role and be responsible for the delivery of regulatory reporting within the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- You will seek to improve the quality and control environment as well as the automating of processes and improving efficiency.
- You will be responsible for sharing knowledge with the wider Financial Planning & Analysis team members and where appropriate coaching them in operational processes.
- You will be expected to identify control improvements in the operational aspects of the Financial Reporting & Analysis team's activities and to be proactive in recommending and implementing changes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key areas of the business and with external specialists.
- Enhancing the quality and insight gained from the regular reporting provided to key stakeholders (e.g. improving quality, information, external context, etc.).
- Being a key part in the development, improvement and continued engagement of key stakeholders in the business in the various Financial Planning & Analysis activities.
- Leading on specifically assigned elements in the business planning and forecasting cycles.
- Supporting the delivery of the regulatory and legislative requirements of the team.
- Supporting ongoing regular and ad-hoc tasks.
The Successful Applicant
As FP&A Manager you'll have the following:-
- Excellent financial planning and analysis knowledge in the insurance environment
- Knowledge and experience in delivery of corporate management information
- Proven ability to coach and support members of the finance team at multiple experience levels
- Strong communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholder
- Strong controls experience
- Proven project management skills
- Confident in engaging at a senior level
- Self-driven, can work autonomously with a proven work ethic
- Team player who enjoys working inclusively with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Proactive professional in planning to achieve targets and objectives
- Hard working, be able to work under pressure and sometimes with challenging timescales
- Establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- Behaves consistently and with integrity at all times
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with extensive and relevant post qualification experience
What's on Offer
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working/Working From Home Options (minimum one day a week in the office required)