Freelance Garment Tech
Freelance Garment Tech based in Dagenham
Fast pace supplier
About Our Client
This client is a trend driven fashion supplier with passion and enthusiasm for their product and brand. With a great head office based in the area of Essex - Dagenham. They are expanding rapidly and are looking for a Garment Tech to join their successful head office Team.
- Work closely with Buying, Merchandising and Design to establish optimum product value
- Reviewing on a monthly cycle and actioning any changes with suppliers
- Establish effective working relationships with suppliers to drive and support product development
- Risk assess products in terms of safety, with an eye on international regulations as well as British Standards. Have extensive experience in analysing test reports.
- Ensure products are responsibly sourced, and be able to identify potential issues to flag to our ethical team.
- Work with suppliers to achieve and/ or maintain QA/DA (delivery assurance) status
- Liaise with the DC on a daily basis with regards to QC holds and communicate issues quickly and effectively to B&M teams and suppliers
- Analyse reoccurring issues and put corrective action plans in place.
- Identify and analyse any problems, propose solutions and make logical decisions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of people including B&M, suppliers and the technical team
- Have responsibility for fitting and sealing process including wearer trials and fit test days
- Review factory evaluations from suppliers and passing information onto Technical Manager
- Keep up to date with industry innovations, networking internally and externally to identify opportunities in the supply base
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record as a Garment Tech within a retail/manufacturer environment within casual, formal, woven and jersey product areas
- Commercially aware with a solid understanding of the high street
- Conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- Self-motivation and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change.
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word, internet and email packages
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a variety of people
- Knowledge of working to ethical guidelines
- Reliable, flexible and good at working within a fast pace team
What's on Offer
Attractive salary, based in Dagenham